The Lake Park Perspective

The Student News Site of Lake Park High School

The Lake Park Perspective

The Lake Park Perspective

Lancer Nation revives winter formal for 2nd year

Being well into winter with the weather cold, trees bare, snow piling, and days short, the chances for outdoor activity and leisure are getting increasingly more and more inaccessible, out of reach, and less ideal for those who enjoy spending their time actively surrounded by others.
For many, the winter months can be some of the most boring and tiresome times of the year. To combat this slow start to the year, Lancer Nation advisors Ms. Jessica Krenc and Ms. Kathryn Olson and the club members decided to bring back the Winter Formal, not only to create some fun, but also to carry out some school spirit.
“The Winter Formal is a dance hosted by Lancer Nation typically in the month of February,” Ms. Krenc said. The dance is tied to a specific theme, this year’s being Snowball.
“This is the second year that the Winter Formal is being held by Lancer Nation and is very similar to the Homecoming dance with a theme, DJ, snacks, and dancing,” Ms. Krenc said. “Last school year was the first year they brought the dance back. They thought it would be a great event to look forward to since February can often be a slow month for activities for students.”
After the removal of the event years ago due to lack of interest and low attendance, last year, the dance was very successful.
“There were over 1,000 tickets sold for the dance, and it was a great turnout overall.” Ms. Krenc said.
“All grade levels were able to attend, so despite it being a bit smaller compared to Homecomming, it turned out to be a little larger compared to Prom.”
“Last year there was a great turnout and response from students who attended, so we are not changing too much. This year there will be more decorations and light features from the DJ,” Ms. Krenc said.
“We also really hope to see the students and staff participate in weekly spirit days the week of the dance to really bring the school spirit and excitement to the event.”
The Winter Formal Snowball Dance will be happening on February 24th, with the volleyball tournament being on the 22nd. Lunch sales for tickets will be February 20th at West Campus and February 21st and 22nd at East Campus.
Tickets will also be available to purchase online If students are wanting to bring a guest this year, they will need to submit a form by February 22nd.
There will be a spirit week leading up to the dance , so please be prepared if you would like to participate.