The Lake Park Perspective

The Student News Site of Lake Park High School

The Lake Park Perspective

The Lake Park Perspective

Iowa guard Caitlin Clark signs autographs for fans at a Final Four celebration.
Sports
Madness in March and Beyond
Philip Sullivan, Senior Editor • April 12, 2024
Sports
Early ending to historic boy’s basketball season
Anastasia Krawczyszyn, Senior Staff • April 12, 2024
Karl Vachlin (LP 24) prepares for an event as a leader of the boys gymnastics team.
Sports
IHSA: boy's gymnastics not up to 'bar'
Uncategorized
LP seniors awarded WGA Chick Evans Scholarship
Julia Kamysz, Senior Editor • April 12, 2024
Frankie Ponzio (center, LP ‘24,), Jack Colucci (back left, LP ‘27), Javarius Lane (back center, LP ‘26), and Brinly Wilson (back right, LP ‘24), perform in their One Act play,
Arts and Entertainment
Lots of student-directed laughs, one act at a time

‘Good Girl’s Guide’ an exciting mystery from cover to cover

A copy of Holly Jackson’s A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder” in the WC library.

Murder. Suicide. Betrayal. Confusion. Hurt. Andie Bell, a 16-year old, was murdered by her boyfriend Sal Singh, who then out of guilt, committed suicide. Sal Singh was the known villain of the small town Fairview, Connecticut. Yet, was Sal Singh really the murderer? Or was he framed?
Pippa-Fitz Amobi gets assigned a capstone for her end-of-the-year senior year essay, where she could write about any current event that is happening in town. Although the murder of Andie Bell and the suicide of Sal Singh happened 3 years ago, Pippa has a gut feeling, a worrisome feeling, that she needed to discover more about the murder of Andie Bell. She partners up with Sal’s younger brother, Ravi, who needs a lot of convincing that she means no harm. And although she means no harm, someone figures out her undergoing investigation of the murder.
Through revenge, betrayal, hurt, and a lot of plot twists, will Pippa be able to figure out who the real murderer is? Is Sal Singh the real culprit or is it someone else that framed him? Will Pippa be hurt in the process of undergoing this investigation that is disguised as a school capstone project?
A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson is a YA murder-mystery thriller that hooks you from the first line. With a 4.3 star rating on GoodReads, A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder is a well-known book amongst many highschoolers and adults, as well. Holly Jackson makes sure to write for all audiences, from teenagers to adults. A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder was able to keep the suspense and thrill whilst making the audience feel giddy to the teenage romance.
A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder is a great thriller/suspense book that all teenagers will enjoy. Not only is the main plot of the book thriller, but there is a bit of romance and comedy.
A Good Girls’ Guide to Murder has you on the thread each chapter and will make you want the next book right after you finish the first.
A Good Girls’ Guide to Murder relates to The Naturals and The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. This book has just the right amount of every genre to keep you on your toes at every moment.