The Lake Park Perspective

The Student News Site of Lake Park High School

The Lake Park Perspective

The Lake Park Perspective

Iowa guard Caitlin Clark signs autographs for fans at a Final Four celebration.
Sports
Madness in March and Beyond
Philip Sullivan, Senior Editor • April 12, 2024
Sports
Early ending to historic boy’s basketball season
Anastasia Krawczyszyn, Senior Staff • April 12, 2024
Karl Vachlin (LP 24) prepares for an event as a leader of the boys gymnastics team.
Sports
IHSA: boy's gymnastics not up to 'bar'
Uncategorized
LP seniors awarded WGA Chick Evans Scholarship
Julia Kamysz, Senior Editor • April 12, 2024
Frankie Ponzio (center, LP ‘24,), Jack Colucci (back left, LP ‘27), Javarius Lane (back center, LP ‘26), and Brinly Wilson (back right, LP ‘24), perform in their One Act play,
Arts and Entertainment
Lots of student-directed laughs, one act at a time

Girl’s Basketball Season Tip-Off

LPAthletics
    Maggie Frank (LP ‘26) competes in recent competition LP’s girl’s basketball team.

With December here and Lake Park’s basketball season starting, players have been gearing up for what seems to be an exciting and productive season.
    This year, Head Coach Coach Mr. Robert Reibel is excited to witness the girl’s basketball team’s efforts pay off from last year, and is looking forward to seeing improvement in the team’s performance.
    “I am excited about the girls’ effort and willingness to work hard,’’ Coach Reibel said.
    “I expect to see a great deal of growth throughout the season both individually and as a team. I think that this growth will set us up for good things as we get closer to the end of the year.”
    More specifically Coach Rebiel would like to work on the team’s turnovers and rebound abilities and is looking forward to seeing contributions from a few key players, among them point guard Kira Holliday (LP ‘24), who made the all-tournament team in the team’s opening tournament at Burlington Central.
    “We will need to learn and grow as a group. We are young in both varsity experience and age but have a group of girls who want to be successful,” Coach Reibel said.
    “We are emphasizing playing hard and disciplined basketball while also being a good teammate.”
    Two of those young players include sophomores who were significant contributors to last year’s team as freshmen.
    Allie Gogola (LP ‘26) received all-conference honorable mention last year as a freshman. Maggie Frank (LP ‘26), Coach Reibel said, has been performing well being throwin into a larger role this year as well.
    Last year, the team went 17-15 overall and 7-7 in conference. This compared to now with the team currently being 4-4 is a start on their way toward that improved performance the team hopes for.
    “We are working hard every day to make sure we are putting in our best performance. I hope to see more of this growth throughout the season,” Coach Reibel said.
    This in conclusion gives us a good idea on where the team is heading, as well as insights to the team’s performance and growth as the season progresses.